Inbound is a community of logistics facilities who use Inbound's web-based truck appointment system and in-vehicle mobile application to improve the service they can offer to vehicles arriving at their sites and to their clients. It connects facilities to their transport company users and clients to enable better information and visibility for any truck arrival at any facility.
Today, logistics facilities handle arriving vehicles in lots of different ways. The Inbound community is powerful because it standardises truck arrival processes across the entire supply chain - for any facility, for any freight, in any place, at any time. One single way to service arriving trucks better and that's good for everyone.
The Australian Border Force (ABF) now requires all persons participating in the operations of customs licensed depots and warehouses to hold and display a Warehouse and Depot Security Identification Card (WADSIC). Inbound has partnered with Freight and Trade Alliance (FTA) to produce an easy, cost effective and compliant industry solution.
To obtain your WADSIC Click Here
Key Benefits Of Inbound
The benefits of Inbound depend on who you are:
- Known arrivals - know well ahead of time which vehicle is arriving, for what, and when and be prepared.
- Proactive planning - labour and equipment needs can be assessed well ahead of time based on demand.
- COVID safe - eliminate the need for contact between a driver and your front counter staff.
- Paperwork and manual process - eliminates physical paperwork and removes manual processes.
- Visibility - transport companies and clients have access to real-time information about your facility and can make better decisions.
- Costs - reduces direct and indirect costs.
- Broadcast messages - enables you to communicate in real-time with your users and the wider industry.
- Electronic storage payment - automate the process of collecting storage (and/or other fees) at the time a booking is made.
- Chain of responsibility - improves compliance as a loading manager.
- Much faster and more predictable vehicle turnaround times - facility operates within its capacity and is prepared for vehicle arrival which dramatically reduces time on site.
- No need for paper - driver simply quotes vehicle registration number and can be serviced without any paper changing hands.
- Visibility - transport companies know when the facility has (or hasn't) got available capacity to service vehicles, including late changes and dynamic planning.
- Eliminate futile trips - know at the time of booking (before you send a vehicle) if there is a problem.
- Single platform - one single platform/process for multiple facilities.
- Historical data - track and report data on pickups and drop-offs.